Alter is searching for a Software Quality Assurance/Test Specialist on behalf of an international company operating in Tirana.
We are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Specialist to join the client’s dynamic QA Team. You will have the opportunity to constantly upgrade your skills and work on awesome marketing digital projects such as responsive websites, virtual reality, augmented reality, and integrated systems. You will report to our QA Manager and also work closely with a supportive and friendly team of developers, UX and project managers.
As a QA Specialist, design, develop, execute, and automate test plans and scripts for all stages of the web product development lifecycle, based on company defined processes and methods.
Application details: CV – YES | Letter of interest – NO | Photo – YES
Main Functions and responsibilities
- Handles multiple projects with changing priorities and meet concurrent deadlines.
- Get involved in the early stages of product development and provide crucial feedback during planning meetings.
- Identify opportunities to employ automation to reduce time/cost or improve quality and oversee the implementation of that automation.
- Very comfortable with independently setting up and supporting the framework for automation testing.
- Ability to identify, influence and leverage the right tools for API’s and for front-end automation.
- Able to mentor and provide guidance / direction on using framework and automation.
- Experience with the ability to pivot between Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Anticipate problems that will affect project delivery and identifying creative solutions.
- Provide estimates for Quality Assurance work that strikes a balance between risk and cost.
- Constantly evolve the development process to optimize quality and efficiency.
- Take responsibility for timeline, scope and quality of project delivery on assigned projects, while escalating about jeopardy to team lead as well as PM and/or other involved teams if required.
- Test a variety of client projects, such as websites, applications, banners, and emails.
- Test responsive sites and WCAG accessibility sites.
- Develops and executes automated test scripts using a multitude of automation tools.
- Delegate suitable test execution activities to teammates and oversee their work.
- Identifies, investigates, reports and tracks bugs to closure.
- Able to work independently, but also as part of a high performing team.
- Communicates test results, as well as any errors or issues discovered during testing, to QA team and developers.
- Knowledge in testing web-based applications.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong accessibility testing experience including accessibility testing in Web, Mobile applications and PDF.
- Experience in software development.
- Practical experience with relational databases and database applications.
- A talent for breaking web applications and software.
- Front end automation testing knowledge.
- Knowledge of front-end vs back end technologies
- Knowledge of browser debugging and console tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and supportive team player.
- A talent for breaking software.
- A talent for anticipating problems that will affect project delivery and identifying creative solutions.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn new skills.
- Postsecondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, the Sciences or Mathematics.
- Experience in writing test cases and preparing test plans.
- Experience with an automated test tool (Katalon, Watir, Selenium, QuickTest, xUnit, etc.).
- Experience with usability and accessibility testing.
- Experience with load, stress, volume testing in .NET based infrastructure.
- Digital marketing or agency background.
- Experience of healthcare or other regulated environments.
To apply at this vacancy, please send your CV at [email protected], with the subject “Quality Assurance/Test Specialist”.
We strongly recommend you to register at Alter’s network of professionals by filling the form here. We will periodically inform you about vacancies that match your profile.